Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Awful Running Tips from a Lousy Mammal

Four miles (32:30) on the treadmill today, another much needed run. I do often ask myself, self, why do you run? And I don't always know how to answer myself. I don't always know why I run. But days like today, when I'm worn out by prepping, grading and teaching, it's a much easier question to answer. It's not a good answer, necessarily, but days like today, running feels good.

I kept my regular 9:00 minute pace, and added six quarter-mile up tempos (nothing fantastic 4X7:30 and 2X6:00 pace). I also ran the first 2.7 miles at an incline of 1.0. I don't know why I did that, really. Probably for the same reason I added the up-tempos . . . because I don't know why.

I'm full of answers this evening.

Now for my dietary tip: better eat those leftover ice-cream-sandwich cookies j and l left here after the Super Bowl before they go bad. . . . I'm not a very good human.


Eleven Day Tally 

Friday: 3.4
Saturday: 3.4
Sunday: 6.0
Monday: 3.4
Tuesday: 4.0
Wednesday: 16.0
Thursday: -----
Friday: 4.0
Saturday: 4.0
Sunday: 9.9
Monday: 4.0
Tuesday: 4.0

Previous:168.5 miles
Year To Date: 172.5miles.

Running Days: 31
Days off: 7

Meanwhile, my lower back is a touch sore, so maybe I shouldn't push so hard -- I'll start that after my hill workout tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment