Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Maintenance And Choosing One's Shoes

Last night, I dragged the crapradoodle around in the dark for 40:00 minutes. We got in our 4.0 mile maintenance loop and even managed to fun fast for a few short stretches. I needed a run last night -- as the day went by and went by, I kept coming up with reasons to stay inside, though I really wanted to get out. As a result, I admit it, the kitchen is a mess. I have more grading to do today than I otherwise would. And I didn't get to watch the most recent episode of Downton Abbey.

But there are only those certain number of hours in a day -- I've heard 24, but I swear when I'm about to fall asleep, it seems like I've been up for weeks; and it seems like I've only had two-and-a-half hours to get everything done -- I believe Dad would say, "It's like trying to fit ten pounds of shit into a five-pound bag." Yes, if I were Forrest Gump, that's what life would be like according to me.

Meanwhile, there has been a lot of speculation about my shoes. I thought today would be a good day to share what I know about footwear.

For instance, these are my teaching shoes:


I wear them to teach in, because they're lightweight, have lots of cushioning, and when I hand back graded paper assignments, I can run like hell.

These are my carpentry shoes:


I wear them to build things in, because they're lightweight, have lots of cushioning, and when someone asks me to give them a hand around the house, I can run like hell.

And these are my running shoes:


I wear them to run in because I like the way they look.

Eleven Day Tally 

Thursday: 6.1
Friday: 3.4
Saturday: 3.4
Sunday: 6.0
Monday: 3.4
Tuesday: 4.0
Wednesday: 16.0
Thursday: -----
Friday: 4.0
Saturday: 4.0
Sunday: 9.9
Monday: 4.0

Previous:164.5 miles
Year To Date: 168.5miles.

Running Days: 30
Days off: 7


Next week: I'll include a photo of and lecture concerning my masonry shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment