Wednesday, February 8, 2012

On Being Injured

Okay, I admit it, maybe playing basketball last night after my run was not the best decision of the new year. And, while I am loathe to give up one of my high intensity runs, my back hurts too much to get out there. I'm taking an unscheduled day off. It sucks. I was looking forward to hill repeats today.

I'm trying to be Zen about this. I blame myself. Which is the most reasonable thing, I think, since it's my fault. I simply haven't cared this much about a sustained, consistent training for fifteen years, so the idea of taking a day off makes me sad.

Meanwhile, one might think that taking a day off from running would suddenly open up glorious gluts of free time to do all kinds of things that I wouldn't otherwise do. One would think I'd find myself getting bored. Instead, my life fills right up with other things.

So I'll rest tonight and take an Advil. As soon as I feel able, I'll try a maintenance run. Being injured is dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment