Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Drake Well Museum

Spent most of today in Drake Well Museum near Titusville, PA:

Doing some research about the early days of the oil industry. I've been in museums and libraries all week, but finding time in the evenings to get out for my runs.

On Monday, I was so smart that I packed my running clothes and shoes into the car, along with some almonds, just in case there was a place to run near where I was researching. Hazah! Still, I made it back to my home base (my folks' house) before taking in some air.

Today, though, I couldn't resist running around Drake Well at Oil Creek State Park. Luckily, I was still smart enough to bring along my running clothes. Unluckily, I was not smart enough to remember my running shoes. I had to run in my research shoes:
For any of you who object, "But those look an awful lot like your teaching shoes, Jackson," I have two things to say, first: you win. You should go on Jeopardy. You're very smart. Second: sometimes my shoes have to do double duty. And today my teaching / research shoes had to be running shoes. They're like the Kordell Stewart




of my feet.

Post Script: went about six miles (58:30), maybe seven. Who's keeping track anyway?


March 01
Thursday: -----
Friday: 4.0
Saturday: -----
            (Week: 6.4)
            March 05
Sunday: 3.0
Monday: -----
Tuesday: -----
Wednesday: -----
Thursday: 3.4
Friday: -----
Saturday: 3.0
            (Week: 9.4)
            March 12
Sunday: -----
Monday: 4.5
Tuesday: 6.0
Wednesday: 6.5

March to date: 30.4
Year to date: 201.1

No comments:

Post a Comment