Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Home to PA


Thursday: Dragged crapradoodle on the 3.4 mile loop. Didn't write down the time. Some day historians may speculate. For now, we'll just be proud that I ran.

*     *     *

Friday: Off.

*     *     *

Saturday: Ran with my spouse on the bike trail. She went out to work on some of her derby skills on the bike trail, which meant I could mostly keep pace with her. When she practiced falling down, I worked in a few wind sprints. She went very fast for the final ten minutes and became a little speck clear out there on the horizon.

*     *     *

Sunday: Drove to PA to do some research for a project on some local history: this means lots of library backrooms and basements: yippee!

*     *     *

Monday: Ran one of my old high school runs, a little over two miles out the road past my folks' house. Wish I'd kept a journal back then -- I'd love to break out a floppy disc from 1994, and see what I was thinking back then. Also, I'd like to know my times.

Oh, well, better luck in the future, future me. Today, 22:00 out, 18:30 back. In a heavy rain, I felt like it was a fine time.

Pennsylvania reminds me quickly, by the way how relatively flat the rest of my life is. I remember writing once that everything in Northwestern PA is either on the way up a hill or on the way down. 

*     *     *

Tuesday: Speaking of which, I ran an oil access road half a mile (4:20) from my folks' house -- another run I used to crank out in high school. From the bottom of the hill, from the road to the first moment when I was no longer ascending took 13:01 -- at a pretty fair clip -- then I slid down the other side of the hill to a small creek and ran along the bed out to the highway. It's one of my favorite, most adventuresome runs, though I always imagine the deer shaking their heads, thinking what a moron -- hasn't he ever heard of a treadmill?*

* Dear deer, mind your own business.

No comments:

Post a Comment