Thursday, December 22, 2011

Half a Long Run

I ran my seven-and-a-half mile loop (1:06:22) this morning for the first half of my run. I'm glad I didn't try to take on the whole long run, as I was antsy to get home and get back to work.

It was good to get out again in the morning, a touch colder than I'd like to begin, but a beautiful sunny day.

At one point, looking out over the river, I saw a flock of turkey buzzards on the ground, probably around a hundred of them, and more coming in. I've never seen that many on the ground before. On my side of the river, in the water swam close to the same number of Canada Geese -- I'd like to have stayed around to see what was going down, but, like I say, I have things to do. Anyway, I was rooting for the buzzards. They're an awful lot that folks don't seem to care much for. I say, get 'em, buzzards.

I'll probably take another six or so miles on the tread mill this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment