Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What a Miserable Day to Feel Good about

Maintenance run. Cold. Wet. Rainy. Dark. Damp. (The one thought that kept cropping up while I was running, by the way, was: "At what point does damp become wet and again when does wet become torrential?") Very wet, we'll call it today.

I had dinner plans with my spouse, and I started the run hungry. I know I've said this before, but . . . I did not want to leave the house today. Still and all, I set out on my 3.4 mile loop . . . backwards. No, I don't mean I ran backwards, but I did run it counter-clockwise. I'm going to have to put some thought into this: I wonder I typically run clockwise . . . I don't know.

Meanwhile, I decided to drag the crap-filled labradoodle around the town. She ran faster than usual, but that was good, because I felt a little better than a typical maintenance run. This suggests two things: 1.) I didn't run hard enough yesterday, and 2.) the dog is showing more improvements over these past couple weeks than am I.

Still, we made it back in 31:00 -- overall, a very smooth run, and, thanks to two long-sleeve shirts, I warmed up quickly and even broke a sweat in addition to the very wet rain that kept falling on me.

But enough about the run itself. Just a second to note to myself and the world that this blog is getting me out of the house almost everyday . . . food for thought.

And now . . . food for belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment