Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Labradoodle Dreams

Ran my maintenance 3.4 mile loop (33:11). In my defense, I was dragging around my crap filled labradoodle as she emptied herself out. It's amazing how much stuff can fit into such a small dog.

Meanwhile, I spent the bulk of today's run trying to figure out tomorrow's run. It's a long run in the middle of the week, and I have a busy day planned.

The problem, in part, is the ten-day running cycle. Like I say, I love the idea of a seven-day cycle, such that the long run comes every weekend -- my problem with this cycle is that my body doesn't recover fast enough after my intense runs to run again two days later. Rather, I need two days off.

What I love about the ten-day cycle is the rest I get after each of my three intense runs. The problem is the Gregorian Calendar, which puts me also on these seven-day "weeks" that are not conducive to my running schedule.

Because I have such a busy day tomorrow, I'm going to try to split the run into two runs. An hour in the morning, and an hour in the evening. Wish me luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment