Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Maintenance This Year . . .

Yesterday was an elegantly designed day off: the day after a long run is my favorite day to take off running, though I did do a strong bit of walking, particularly up and down the several flights of stairs between my office and my classes -- very exciting. Ah, classes, yes: yesterday was also a great day to take of because it was the first day of classes, which meant, basically, a 14-hour day of prepping, teaching, and post-teaching beauracracy.

Today, though, I pulled the crapradoodle around the 3.4 mile loop, mostly in the dark, always in the very cold. It was a mostly uneventful dog, except for the irish setter that chased us into the streets -- a gentle breed, true, but tie up your dogs, folks; they're scary.

Strangely enough, this little run made me very sore. I feel a little spent. I'm not sure whether it's because I ran long Monday or because I took a day off or maybe it's just this cold weather -- hopefully it goes away soon.

Meanwhile, thought I'd keep a tally for the year to the best of my ability . . . we'll see what this ability adds up to:

I'm calling Monday 8 miles
Today: 3.4.

Year To Date: 11.4 miles.
Running Days: 2
Days off: 2

Ha! Tallies are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment