Monday, January 30, 2012

Maintenance, Thinking Ahead

Maintenance loop 3.4 miles (32:35). Pretty sore from yesterday, and the crapradoodle was doing her business, but maybe there's something about a sunny winter afternoon that helps keep the pace up a bit. Not a fast run, by any means, but pleasant.

I found myself thinking ahead a great deal to Wednesday's run. Tomorrow's another maintenance, probably on the treadmill at the rec center, but Wednesday will be a long one. I think I'd like to go 17 miles, and I'm trying to figure if I should run 10 in the morning and 7 in the evening or run the whole distance at once.

Either way, I'm excited about it, which I think is good, as it keep my motivation up.

I've also been thinking about my weight. Now that I'm consistently running 30+ miles each week, I wonder if it's healthy to be cruising along at 200 pounds. I don't like to diet, it's true, but I wonder if it's time to cut back on some of my excesses -- I tend to overeat, I sometimes eat because I'm bored, I snack before bed -- those things seem so simple to get up, but like Quentin Compson tells us, it's the idle habits we acquire which we learn to regret the most.

Eleven Day Tally 

Friday: 3.4
Saturday: 4.0
Sunday: 15.3
Monday: -----
Tuesday: 5.1
Wednesday: 3.4
Thursday: 6.1
Friday: 3.4
Saturday: 3.4
Sunday: 6.0
Monday: 3.4

Previous:123.2 miles
Year To Date: 126.6miles.

Running Days: 24
Days off: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment