Thursday, January 26, 2012

Windless Sprints

So, eh, whaddayacall'em: quarter mile repeats with a quarter-mile recovery. I did the first four at 10.0 mph (6:00 minute pace), then seven at 10.5 mph (5:42 minute pace), and one at 12.0 mph (5:00 minute pace). Sprints, I call them, is that right? I mean I don't know if a six-minute pace has ever been a sprint before, but it's been a long time since I've done that kind of workout.

Oh, on the treadmill, though, so, I know, it was cheating. Still it was lots of fun. I always loved speed workouts in high school. I believe I was much faster then, but what is speed when age is involved?

-- you know how they say time goes faster as you get older, right, because when your five, a year is a full fifth of your life, and when you're forty, a year is only one fortieth --

So, maybe I'm actually much faster now that I'm twice my high school running age. If that's at all confusing, don't worry about it, you'll understand when you get to be my age . . . and if you're older than me, well, time makes fools of us all.

Eleven Day Tally 

Sunday: 3.4
Monday: 7.0
Tuesday: 3.4
Wednesday: 3.4
Thursday: 8.0
Friday: 3.4
Saturday: 4.0
Sunday: 15.3
Monday: -----
Tuesday: 5.1
Wednesday: 3.4
Thursday: 6.1

Previous:110.3 miles
Year To Date: 116.4 miles.

Running Days: 20
Days off: 6

Running advice: (this might be a repeat, but) run like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment